Adobe Photoshop offers tons of useful features to let you edit photos. But in this article, we will talk about a tool that you can use in order to remove an object or person from a photo. This tool is commonly used by professional photo editors. So, if you need to remove an unwanted object from your photo, you may want to use these guidelines to edit that object out from the photo.
1. First of all, import the photo you want to edit and remove the unwanted object from.
2. Select the Zoom tool. Now, click and drag to make the marquee surround the target object. Photoshop will zoom in on the image.
3. Go for the Pen tool.
4. On the toolbar, choose Paths.
5. Keep clicking at brief intervals until the unwanted object is surrounded.
6. Once you get back to where you began, click in the same box that initiated your path.
7. Now, click the right mouse button anywhere in the path. As soon as you do it, you will see a dialogue box named Make Selection.
8. Here you need to check and make sure you have selected Anti-aliased. Why is it so important? Actually, this feature lets you create a smooth outline for the object.
9. Click OK for creating a path around the target object.
10. Lastly, you should hit the Delete button on the keyboard. As soon as the button is pressed, the object will be gone.
After you have removed the object, you need to fill in the space the object was removed from. Follow the steps given below to do that.
1. First of all, choose a tool named Lasso.
2. Now, drag with the tool for creating a selection that will look similar to what it would be in the photo if the target object were not there.
3. From the menu, choose Feather option.
4. In the radius field, enter 5. With this tool, you can blend the patch into the pictures. So, the path won’t look different from the surrounding areas.
5. Hit OK
6. While you are clicking in the selection, you should press and hold the Ctrl and Alt keys and keep moving the selection until covers the area that needs to be filled.
7. From the menu, choose Deselect.
8. Follow step number 2 through step number 8 until the empty area has been filled.
9. Right click on the photo and pick Zoom Out.
That is it. You have deleted the object off your photo. Good job! You can also contact an expert to have your images edited.